- 1 General information
- 2 Policies
APPD encourages all types of vendors, especially, but not limited to those offering books, tools, clothing, herbs, etc. of interest to the Pagan community; arts and crafts; services; and entertainment for children, i.e. face painting. Feel free to browse past APPD vendors for an example of these types of businesses. We do charge a nominal registration fee of vendors to offset the production costs associated with the festival.
Setup and Tear-down Schedule
Vendor fees vary by booth size and date of registration and payment
- Early fees apply through October 2, 2023
- Late fees apply starting October 3, 2023
Vendors who register and pay early can have their custom graphics displayed on the festival map. See the vendor graphics page for more information.
If you register by Oct 2, but do not pay, you can still have your graphics be part of the Festival Map.
You must register and pay by Oct 2, 2023 to receive the discounted fee.
- Large, 20’x10’: $100 early registration and payment or $120 after that.
- Small, 10’x10’: $50 early registration and payment or $60 after that.
Please let us know if your tent will be larger than 10’x10′ or 10’x20′. Place that info in the additional comments section. We will not be able to go much over those limits.
Non-profits can have a small area free of charge. Non-profits who want a large area should request a large site and pay the difference ($50 or $60, depending on the date).
Graphics for the Festival Map
Vendors are encouraged to provide graphics for the Festival Map. Vendors must register and pay early for their graphics to be included. Please check out this page for more information on the graphics.
Choice of site
You may specify the site you wish to reserve when registering. Your site will be reserved once payment is received. Please refer to the vendor sites map page to learn more about the sites. Please select up to three spaces in order of preference. All registrations are processed on a first paid, first served basis. We will notify you upon receipt of your registration payment and confirm your site location at that time. The deadline for online vendor registration is October 13, 2023. Payment will be accepted on-site, but remember that you cannot select your site until payment is received. Vendors who show up the day of the event may have to wait patiently for us to have a spare moment, and they will be allowed to choose available spaces on a first-come, first served basis.
Downtown Athens is very well lit at night. You will not need light for general purposes. However, we recommend some battery-powered for use inside your tent or to provide additional illumination for your displays.
We might need to make other restrictions, depending on our insurance. If this is the case, we will let you know as soon as we know. If a new restriction means you must cancel, we will refund your payment.
If your wares might be in any way considered dangerous, we will have to ask you a number of questions for our insurance. We realize these questions are annoying and appreciate your patience and understanding.
Adult Content & Products
This is an all-ages event that should be accessible to and enjoyable by all persons. That said, products and content that are intended for adults are allowed provided that the products and content:
- Are not easily viewed by passers by and are only obvious to site visitors who seek them
- Are not presented or sold to persons under the age of 18 (or older, as appropriate)
This is a Rain or Shine Event
While we will cancel the event due to severe weather, this is a rain-or-shine event. In fact, you should expect showers as they are common. If you choose not to use a tent, we recommend bringing a cover for your table/display in the event of rain.
Cancellations & Refunds
Vendor registrations canceled no less than three days prior to the festival will be refunded. Additionally, all registration fees will be refunded in the event of a festival cancellation for any reason, including weather, global lockdown, etc. Vendors who pay in advance, but fail to arrive for the festival will not be granted a refund.
Unfortunately, there are a few types of vendors we cannot allow.
- Political parties or organizations. Because APPD is a religious, non-profit event, we cannot allow political parties or organizations whose goal is the promotion of a particular candidate, party, legislation, political system, etc. We can, however, allow very broad and unbiased activities, such as voter registration drives.
- Potentially dangerous activities. Since this is a public outreach event, we prefer to not allow dangerous activities. In the past, we have considered archery and axe-throwing demonstrations among others. While we think these are fascinating and worthy activities, we have decided not to allow them at the event.
- Activities that are very likely to offend. Again, since this is a public outreach event, we prefer not to allow activities or displays that are very likely to be offensive to the general public. For example, we would consider any display that is openly hostile to a particular group of people to be inappropriate. Likewise, displays that are prominently placed and explicitly sexual in nature would be inappropriate.